Budget has a wide range of quality second hand and used forklifts for sale in Perth. View our range online or talk to us about the right equipment for your industry.
Some of the considerations when choosing 2nd hand forklifts or other materials handling equipment include:
- Load – Consider the weight and type of load to be moved. Choose equipment with a maximum load capacity above the load capacity you require. The type of load to be moved will also impact on your choice with various models suited to differing fork attachments.
- Height – Know the collapse height of the mast if it is to fit under other a fixed height structure, such as containers or doors, and ensure the unit you choose can safely reach the height required carrying the maximum load you plan to lift.
- Environment – Will the unit be used in-doors, out-doors, over rough terrain, in narrow spaces This will affect the choice of tyres and other design features.
- Fuel – Consider fuel efficiency, capacity and availability to determine whether electric, battery, gas or diesel models are best suited to your application.
- Safety – Look for used forklifts that meet occupational health and safety requirements.
- Availability of parts and servicing – Access to parts and reliable servicing means units can be quickly repaired should they break down and you will get greater longevity from your investment.
- Ergonomics – Is the unit well designed for operator comfort and include the features needed, such as semi-closed seat and practical controls layout.